Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Setting my sights....high!

I definitely love planning goals and the process of achieving them.  I can't say I was always this way, but have definitely learned how valuable patience and perseverance are when going through the ups and down of my back surgeries. It was often one step forward, fifteen steps back, or so it felt.  I learned the hard way that pushing yourself too hard will only prolong the painful journey.  Slow and steady really is the ticket.

So in the spirit of setting goals....how about a marathon?  I mean, why not, right?  Actually my list of the reasons not to run a marathon is longer than the list encouraging me to do it.  But, this has been in my mind now for many years....and I'm going to approach this goal with discipline and continuing to listen to my body every step of the way.

Minneapolis Marathon, here I come!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment